Franciscan St. Francis Health is again participating in Legs for Life, a free screening program for PAD. The screening will be 7:30 to 11:30 a.m., Saturday, April 21, at Franciscan St. Francis Health-Mooresville,
To qualify for the FREE screening, participants must be 50 or older, not currently under the care of a cardiologist or vascular surgeon and must not have attended a screening during the past four years unless their symptoms have changed.
Symptoms of PAD include:
• Leg or hip pain when walking but stops when resting
• Numbness, tingling or weakness in legs
• Burning or aching pain in feet or toes when resting
• Sore on leg or foot that won’t heal
• Cold legs or feet
• Color change in skin of legs or feet
• Loss of hair on legs
Registration is required. The screening takes about 15 minutes and includes a personal consultation with a physician or health care professional. To make an appointment, call (317) 782-4422, or toll free at 877-888-1777.