INDIANAPOLIS – Franciscan St. Francis Health-Indianapolis has been awarded the IBCLC Care Award by The International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBCLE) and The International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA).
This award recognizes excellence demonstrated by staffing with IBCLE-certified professionals as part of the maternal-child health care team and for breastfeeding activities that demonstrate promotion, protection and support of breastfeeding.
Franciscan St. Francis not only acknowledges that breast milk is the ideal food for your baby but is also committed to helping breastfeeding families get off to a good start and continue breastfeeding as long as they desire. Some of our services include:
● Certified lactation consultants and specialists on staff
● A Lactation Line (317-528-5620) for parents to call with their questions and concerns about breastfeeding
● Outpatient consultations by appointment for breastfeeding challenges
● Weekly morning and evening breastfeeding support group
● Workplace lactation support
● Sale and rental of Medela hospital-grade breast pumps
● Breastfeeding supplies available in our gift shop
● Support and guidance for mothers who are providing breast milk to their babies in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
● Expectant parents may register for a breastfeeding class through the Franciscan St. Francis Education Department by calling 317-528-5554
Human breast milk is critical for the health of premature babies. Premature babies who receive all human breast milk feedings have fewer infections, better cognitive development and shorter hospital stays.
That’s why Franciscan St. Francis Health has partnered with Indiana Mothers Milk Bank to provide a convenient location at its Indianapolis campus, in Classroom 1 near Entrance 5, for pre-approved donor mothers to drop off their breast milk. Franciscan St. Francis will safely store the milk and the Milk Bank will pick it up on a routine basis.
To learn more about lactation services, contact the Franciscan St. Francis Lactation Line at 317-528-5620.